Name of project: Ambulance support program
Address: Himalayan Care Hands Hospital,Mainapokhari,Dolakha
Implementation Date: September 2017
The main objective of this project is to serve the needy people of remote areas of Dolakha with fast and easy health facilities and reduce maternal mortality and morbidity rate. The specific objective of this project is
- To provide 4-WD ambulances to HCH Hospital in remote areas of Dolakha Districts.
- To provide technical support to the staffs of proposed medical centers for fast and emergency treatment of patient.
- To provide necessary basic medical equipments and first aid materials to health centers of project sites.
Local residents of the Dolakha Districts will be the direct beneficiaries of this project. Population of 10000 living in Kabre VDC and whole district will get benefited by the ambulance. Whereas ambulance that will be provided to HCH Hospital of Dolakha district will be provide direct service to 10,000 people residing at Kabre VDC and also to peoples living in surrounding VDCs of Dolakha District. Staffs of the respective Hospital of kabre VDC will be benefited with the trainings provided peoples living in that area will get fast and better health services.
- Reliable and professionally managed ambulance services available to people at a reasonable costs and on 24-hour basis.
- Considerable saving of time and effort of patients and their relatives to locate and get transportation services.
- Increased confidence of people in public healthcare services.
- Enhanced utilization of public health infrastructure.
- Increased institutional delivery and quality management of emergency obstetrics and neo-natal care.
Ambulances will be handover to the Himali health cooperative of Dolakha under the supervision of the respective District Health Offices (DHO). The monitoring of the ambulances thus provided will be done by the respective VDCs, HCH, Co-operative and DHO. The local community will have great role in this Ambulance project. They have role from the beginning of the project, from the identification of the need to the implementation of the project and also after the completion of the project for its sustainable operation. Hospital will form an Ambulance Service Management Committee and will operate the ambulances under this committee. They will also be responsible for the management and operation of the ambulances. Since the ambulance will be used for the quick response of the patients and also for the training and knowledge upgrading of the health personnel’s, DHO and respective HCH Hospital will be responsible for the maintenance and sustainable utilization of the ambulance.