To improve the lives of the indigent rural people, that is particularly focus on rural women, peasants, landless people and other disadvantaged and socially oppressed strata of Nepalese society by providing them, opportunities for their socio-economic empowerment.
HCH’s mission is to improve the quality of life of underprivileged people in Nepali society, especially in the remote, rural areas. Our advantage is access to many fields of expertise in health and education through our (inter)national network which enables our ‘caring hands’ to stretch out and built local, multi-disciplinary support systems. We work with community based organizations to achieve their goals of social justice, equality, prosperity and development. As a voluntary organization we also provide training and workplaces for volunteers and interns from (international) schools and organizations, so that we can build up a platform for exchanging and transferring knowledge and skills.
- To create socio-economically inclusive and integrated modal community especially in the direct involvement of marginalized, vulnerable and social excluded people by utilizing both local and global resources.
- To develop and carry out health- and educational development programs for underprivileged people, mainly from remote and rural communities.
- To facilitate and collaborate with existing community based organizations.
- To encourage the awareness of the impact of societal structure and culture on the development of people in rural areas in Nepal.
- To decrease illiteracy and provide (basic) knowledge and skills on the interacting effects of environment, hygiene and health.
- To encourage the open distance education systems in rural areas and making education accessible.
- To create local labor opportunities for local craftsmanship and support promoting markets of traditional craft work and garment in foreign countries.
Board of Directors
- Govinda Pathak
- Hari Bol Sapkota
- Prakash Dahal
- Nisha Maharjan
- Pashupati Chaulagain:- Constitution member/ Co-operative and Poverty Alleviation, Coordinator
- Madandas Shrestha
- Dhurba K.C.
- Krishna K.C.
- Praveen Pradhan
- Navin Raj Dahal:- Enterprise and project management/ development specialist
- Deepak Raj Parajuli:- Biodiversity, Climate change and Eco-Tourism expert